While on earth Jesus was a servant. The call to follow Jesus is, therefore, a call to serve others in his name. At Crossway we give ourselves to giving of our time, talents, and treasure in order to serve others. It is our desire that “service” be more than just a list of good things we do. We see it as an identity, as something that helps to shape the culture of our church family.
Where Can I Serve as a Volunteer?
- NURSERY: Care for children ages newborn through pre-k while showing them how much Jesus loves them. Our nursery environment allows for parents to be fully present on a Sunday morning knowing their child is in a safe and loving environment.
- KIDS: Lead kids K – 5th grade to Jesus through weekly teachings and small group discussions. They check in kids, lead classrooms, provide assistance to classroom teachers and lead small group discussions.
- YOUTH: Volunteers in our Middle School or High School ministry get the opportunity to create relationships with students and minister to them through the teaching of Scripture, worship and intentional discipleship. They set up events, greet students, lead discipleship groups and sing or play in the worship band.
- GREETING: Volunteers on our Greeting team are some of the first people our attendees come in contact with at weekend services. They serve our church once a month. They greet people before services, help people find seats, and answer questions that may come up for Sunday morning attenders.
- PRODUCTION: Volunteers on the Production team keep things running smoothly during our weekend services so that our attendees have a great experience meeting with the Lord and the church. They run the lighting and sound booth during services, and put up slides for services.
- WORSHIP: Volunteers on our Worship team use their gifts and abilities to minister to the church body through the expression of worship to the Lord through music. They are part of the worship team on Sunday morning.
- FACILITIES: Volunteers on our Facilities team ensures the building is ready to go for a Sunday morning. They come early to set up chairs or stay late to put all the chairs back.
- TRANSPORTATION: Volunteers in Transportation provide a way for folks who cannot drive to be a part of the Sunday morning gathering.
- WILSON PARTNERSHIP: Volunteers with the Wilson Partnership come alongside the needs at Wilson Elementry to love and serve the children of the school and wider community. They tutor, help out at events, lead efforts to serve teachers and a range of other things.
- BRIDGE TEAMS: Volunteers on Bridge Teams create a strong link of support and ongoing relationship with our mission partners across the globe. Bridge Teams meet about once a month to talk with a mission partner, pray for them, and serve them in various ways.